Event: Havana is experiencing heavy winds and high seas resulting in risk of flooding in the downtown area, including the area surrounding the U.S. Embassy is prone to severe flooding.
As a precaution, the Embassy closed early on December 21. The Embassy will have limited ability to assist U.S. citizens with emergencies due to the risk of flooding in the Embassy area.
Actions to Take:
- Avoid the areas around the Malecon and the U.S. Embassy.
- Call +(53) (7) 839-4100 to speak to the Embassy duty officer if you are a U.S. citizen needing emergency assistance.
- U.S. Embassy Havana, Cuba
+(53) (7) 839-4100
+(53) (7) 839-4100 and dial 1, then 0 (after hours)
- State Department – Consular Affairs
888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444
- Cuba Country Information
- Enroll in Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security updates
- Follow us on Facebook and Twitter