Renew an Adult Passport

Eligible adult U.S. passport holders may renew their ten-year passports by making an appointment at the U.S. Embassy in Havana at

The processing time for routine passport renewals is three-four weeks.  If you are traveling within two weeks and need an emergency passport, please contact

Eligibility and instructions to renew your ten-year adult passport is available below.


You may renew if all of the following applies.

Your passport is:

  • Undamaged;
  • Issued when you were 16 years of age or older;
  • Issued within the last 15 years;
  • Issued with a 10 year validity; and
  • Issued in your current name OR you have changed your name since your passport was issued and can submit legal documentation to prove this change.

Please see Replace a Lost, Stolen, or Damaged Passport for instructions for replacing a lost/stolen passport.  Please see the Passport Services page for instructions for all other passport renewals.

What you need to bring to the Embassy 

  • Your most recent U.S. passport and a copy ·
  • One (1) new 2×2 inches passport photograph that meet standard requirements
  • A completed, legible, signed, and dated Form DS-82.
  • Application fee (U.S. dollars)
  • If applicable: Evidence of Change of Name – e.g. Marriage Certificate, Statutory Declaration, or Court Order (name change must have taken place after your passport was issued)