Eligible adult U.S. passport holders may renew their ten-year passports by making an appointment at the U.S. Embassy in Havana at ACSHavana@state.gov.
The processing time for routine passport renewals is three-four weeks. If you are traveling within two weeks and need an emergency passport, please contact ACSHavana@state.gov.
Eligibility and instructions to renew your ten-year adult passport is available below.
You may renew if all of the following applies.
Your passport is:
- Issued when you were 16 years of age or older;
- Issued within the last 15 years;
- Issued with a 10 year validity; and
- Issued in your current name OR you have changed your name since your passport was issued and can submit legal documentation to prove this change.
Please see Replace a Lost, Stolen, or Damaged Passport for instructions for replacing a lost/stolen passport. Please see the Passport Services page for instructions for all other passport renewals.
What you need to bring to the Embassy
- Your most recent U.S. passport and a copy ·
- One (1) new 2×2 inches passport photograph that meet standard requirements
- A completed, legible, signed, and dated Form DS-82.
- Application fee (U.S. dollars)
- If applicable: Evidence of Change of Name – e.g. Marriage Certificate, Statutory Declaration, or Court Order (name change must have taken place after your passport was issued)