Before you continue please answer the following questions:
- Can you submit your most recent U.S. passport book and/or card?
- Were you at least 16 years old the last time you applied/renewed your U.S. passport book and/or card?
- Was your most recent passport book and/or card was issued less than 15 years ago?
- Your most recent passport book and/or card has not been mutilated, damaged, lost or stolen?
- You use the same name on your most recent passport book and/or card?
or you can provide proper documentation(court order) to reflect a name change?
- Does your most recent passport have a normal ten year validity period?
or do you want to apply for a replacement passport of your emergency limited validity passport?
If you have answered no to any of these questions you need to follow the same procedure that is detailed on our Apply for a Passport section.
If you had your passport stolen or if it has been lost, please check our Report a Lost or Stolen Passport section.
- One recent 2″ x 2″ (5 cm x 5 cm) color photo with a white background. Make sure that the pictures comply with the requirements.
Important: If your picture does not comply with the requirements your application will not be accepted and you will have to come again to the embassy another day.
- Completed passport application Form DS-82 or DS-5504.
- Applicant’s previous passport.
Original and one (1) copy.
- Documentation supporting any amendment to biographic information (if needed).
Original and one (1) copy. (Court order name change or similar).
- $130 in U.S. dollars (USD) or corresponding amount in Cuban Pesos (CUP) (cash only; checks or credit cards are not accepted).
If your previous passport has expired you might also need to bring other proof of U.S. citizenship (example: Naturalization or Birth Certificate).
Please call the American Citizens Services Unit on (+53) 7839-4100 to arrange an appointment to drop off your application.