For passport renewals for minors who are 16 or older, make an appointment at the U.S. Embassy in Havana by contacting ACSHavana@state.gov.
The processing time for routine passport renewals is three-four weeks. If you are traveling within two weeks and need an emergency passport, please contact ACSHavana@state.gov.
Minors age 16 or 17 may renew their passport by themselves if they have their own identification document. Applicants must show that at least one parent or guardian knows they are applying for a passport. The passport application may be denied if we have received written objection from one of the applicant’s parents or legal guardians.
How to Show Parental Awareness:
- A parent or legal guardian appearing with the applicant in person when they apply for the passport. The parent or legal guardian will also sign the passport application. Bring a photocopy of that parent or guardian’s ID.
- A signed, notarized statement consenting to issuance of a passport from at least one parent or legal guardian. The statement should be accompanied by a photocopy of that parent or guardian’s ID.
Please bring the following with you to your appointment:
- Your most recent U.S. passport and a copy
- Application form DS-11 Do not sign the application until you are requested to do so by a Consular Officer.
- Application fee(U.S. dollars).
- Two 2″ by 2″ (5 cm x 5 cm) color photos(front view, full face and plain white or off-white background.
- Photo identification (i.e. driver’s license, cedula)
- Proof of parental awareness, as explained above
- Transition photos of the applicant over the years since the issuance of the previous passport and up to date.