Minors under the age of 16 must appear in person accompanied by both their parents (unless one parent has sole legal and physical custody of the child, or only one parent’s name is listed on the child’s birth certificate).
Parents who are not able to attend the appointment must submit a notarized form DS-3053 (PDF, 83.4 KB) Statement of Consent. A copy of the same identity document used to notarize the form must be attached to the form. Note: Form DS-3053 must be notarized in the United States or at a U.S. Embassy or Consulate. If a parent is in Cuba, he/she must come to the Consular Section in person to sign the passport application.
For passport renewals for minors under the age of 16, make an appointment at the U.S. Embassy in Havana by contacting ACSHavana@state.gov.
The processing time for routine passport renewals is three-four weeks. If you are traveling within two weeks and need an emergency passport, please contact ACSHavana@state.gov.
Please bring the following documents with you to your appointment:
- Certified birth certificate (showing parents’ names) and a copy
- Application form DS-11Do not sign the application until you are requested to do so by a Consular Officer or Consular Agent.
- Your child’s most recent U.S. passport and a photocopyof the bio/photo page
- Application fee(U.S. dollars)
- One 2″ by 2″ (5 cm x 5 cm) color photo(front view, full face and plain white or off-white background
- Photo identification of both parents (present the originals and submit one copy of each parent per applying child)
- Notarized written consent of any parent not present with the child (DS3053)