In the unfortunate event that your passport is lost or stolen while you are in Cuba, the American Citizens Services Unit can assist you with a replacement.
- If your passport has been lost, please email the American Citizens Services Unit at ACSHavana@state.gov or call at (+53) 7839-4100 during regular business hours.
- If your passport has been stolen, please report it at the closest police station and obtain a police report of the loss. Next, email the American Citizens Services Unit at ACSHavana@state.gov or call at (+53) 7839-4100 during regular business hours as soon as possible.
Bear in mind that replacement passports are issued after working hours only in extreme cases of emergency, and applicants will be charged an additional fee of $235 per hour for time spent in issuing a passport after normal working hours.
- One recent 2″ x 2″ (5 cm x 5 cm) color photo with a white background. Ensure that the pictures comply with the requirements;
- Proof of identity (government issued photo ID, driver’s license, etc.);
- Proof of U.S. citizenship (U.S. birth certificate, Certificate of Naturalization , passport copy, etc.);
- Completed form DS-11 (Application for Passport);
- Completed form DS-64 (Statement Regarding Lost or Stolen Passport); and
- $165 in U.S. dollars (USD) or Cuban pesos (CUP) for adults and $135 U.S. dollars (USD) or CUP for minors (cash only; checks or credit cards are not accepted).