Lost/Stolen Passport

In the unfortunate event that you have had your passport stolen, or it was lost while you are in Cuba, the American Citizens Services Unit can assist you in getting a new travel document.

  • If your passport has been lost, please call the American Citizens Services Unit during regular business hours.
  • If your passport has been stolen, please report it at the closest police station and obtain a police report of the loss. Please call the American Citizens Services Section as soon as possible during regular business hours.

Bear in mind that replacement passports are issued after working hours only in extreme cases of emergency, and applicants will be charged an additional fee of $235 per hour for time spent in issuing a passport after normal working hours.


  • One recent 2″ x 2″ (5 cm x 5 cm) color photo with a white background. Make sure that the pictures comply with the requirements.
  • Proof of identity (government issued photo ID, driver’s license, etc…)
  • Proof of citizenship (birth/naturalization certificate, passport copy)
  • Completed form DS-11 (Application for Passport)
  • Completed form DS-64 (Statement Regarding Lost or Stolen Passport)
  • $145 in U.S. dollars (USD) or Cuban Convertible Pesos (CUC) for adults and $115 U.S. dollars (USD) or Cuban Convertible Pesos (CUC) for minors (cash only; checks or credit cards are not accepted).