Lost, Stolen or Damaged Passport Replacements

To replace a lost, stolen, or damaged passport please make an appointment at the U.S. Embassy in Havana at ACSHavana@state.gov.  Please explain the nature of your emergency in your email.

Urgent travel that qualifies for an emergency passport includes:

  • Illness of the traveler and need for medical treatment in the United States
  • Grave illness or death of an immediate family member in the U.S.
  • For tourists only– imminent scheduled return travel to the U.S. after a passport has been lost or stolen.
  • If your passport is lost or stolen, first report the theft to the local police to obtain a police report. Along with the police report, you will need proof of citizenship and a photo ID, such as a driver’s license, school ID (for minors).

Please bring the following:

  • Application form DS-11 Do not sign the application until you are requested to do so by a Consular Officer.
  • Form DS-64(Report of a lost or stolen passport)
  • Attach one 2×2-inch photo.
  • Any identification available to prove your citizenship accompanied by a photocopy of each one, for example: previous passport and a copy, naturalization certificate and copy, certificate of citizenship and a copy.  If available, bring a copy of the lost or stolen passport.
  • Application fee (U.S. dollars)

For children with lost, stolen, or damaged passports:  The law requires the consent of both parents on all passport applications for minor children under the age of 16, or documentation of sole custody.  Parents who are not able to attend the appointment must submit a notarized form DS-3053 (PDF, 83.4 KB) Statement of Consent.  A copy of the same identity document used to notarize the form must be attached to the form.  The form must be notarized in the United States or at a U.S. Embassy or Consulate.  The minor must come with the parents to the appointment.