First U.S. passport, renewal of a minor’s passport, or first time adult passport.
Please use the below application instructions only if all the following statements are true:
- This is the first time you are applying for a U.S. passport;
- Your previous passport was issued more than 15 years ago; or
- You are renewing a passport that was issued when you were 15 years old or younger.
If any of these do not apply to you and you just need to renew your passport, please check our Renew a Passport section.
If your passport was stolen or lost, please review the Report a Lost or Stolen Passport page.
- Proof of Citizenship (U.S. Birth Certificate, Report of Birth Abroad, or Certificate of Naturalization). Original and one (1) copy.
- One recent 2″ x 2″ (5 cm x 5 cm) color photo with a white background. Ensure the pictures comply with the requirements. Important: If your picture does not comply with the requirements your application will not be accepted.
- Completed passport application Form DS-11.
- Documentation supporting any amendment to biographic information. Original and one (1) copy.
- $165 in U.S. dollars (USD) or corresponding amount in Cuban pesos (CUP) for adults and $135 in U.S. dollars (USD) or corresponding amount in CUP for minors (cash only; checks or credit cards are not accepted).
Additional requirements for minors under 16 years old
- Original U.S. birth certificate or Consular Report of Birth Abroad (CRBA) of the minor. Original and one (1) copy.
- Valid picture ID for both parents (passport, Cuban carnet, driver license, etc). Original and one (1) copy.
- Minor must be present.
- Both parents must appear in person at the time of application. If one or both parents cannot be present the day the minor is applying for the passport, please read the information provided on this link.
Note: The Consular Officer may request additional documentation, photos, and/or other requirements not mentioned on the website, before approving a passport.
To make an appointment to drop off your application, please email the American Citizens Services Unit at ACSHavana@state.gov.