Eligible adult first-time passport applicants may make an appointment at the U.S. Embassy in Havana at ACSHavana@state.gov.
The processing time is three-four weeks after the application has been approved. If you are traveling within two weeks and need an emergency passport, please contact ACSHavana@state.gov.
You will need to bring the following documents to your appointment:
- Proof of U.S. Citizenship
- Original U. S. birth certificate and a copy (if born in the U.S)
- Consular Report of Birth Abroad (FS-240) and a copy (if born outside of the U.S.)
- Naturalization Certificate or Citizenship Certificate and a copy (if U.S. citizenship was acquired after birth)
- Application form DS-11 Do not sign the application until you are requested to do so by a Consular Officer.
- Application fee (U.S. dollars).
- One 2″ by 2″ (5 cm x 5 cm) color photos (front view, full face and plain white or off-white background.
- Photo identification (i.e. driver’s license, Cuban passport)
Applicants born in the United States must provide extensive evidence of his/her birthplace, identity, and citizenship. This includes but is not limited to the following:
- Medical records and photos documenting the mother’s pregnancy and birth of the applicant in the United States.
- Family photos from the applicant’s infancy to the present, especially photos in the U.S.
- School records in the U.S. (if available)