Event: In the wake of recent demonstrations in Havana and throughout Cuba, U.S. Embassy Havana reminds all U.S. citizens of our recommendation to avoid all demonstrations due to their unpredictable nature. Avoid large gatherings. Even peaceful demonstrations and large gatherings have the potential to become unpredictable without warning.
In Havana, U.S government personnel are advised to avoid Plaza de Revolucion, Old Town Havana, and routes to/from the airport until Monday July 19, 2021.
Actions to Take:
- Avoid crowds and demonstrations, and areas with a high likelihood for protests.
- Be aware of the potential for increased police presence, as well as traffic re-routings.
- Be aware of your surroundings.
- Monitor appropriate media for updates.
- U.S. Embassy Havana, Cuba
Phone number: +(53) (7) 839-4100; after hours dial 1, then 0
Email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
- State Department – Consular Affairs phone number: 888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444
- Cuba Country Information
- Enroll in Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security updates.
- Follow us on Facebook and Twitter.