Event: Media report peaceful protests are planned on November 15, 2021, for multiple locations throughout Cuba. U.S. Embassy Havana reminds all U.S. citizens of our recommendation to avoid all demonstrations due to their unpredictable nature. We also advise U.S. citizens to avoid all large gatherings of people. Even peaceful demonstrations and large gatherings have the potential to become unpredictable without warning.
Actions to Take:
- Avoid crowds and demonstrations, and areas with a high likelihood for protests.
- Be aware of the potential for increased police presence, as well as traffic re-routings and potential disruptions to transportation.
- Be aware of your surroundings.
- Monitor appropriate media for updates.
- U.S. Embassy Havana, Cuba
55 Calzada, La Habana, Cuba
+(53) (7) 839-4100
+(53) (7) 839-4100 and dial 1, then 0 (after hours)
- State Department – Consular Affairs
888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444
- Cuba Country Information
- Enroll in Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security updates
- Follow us on Facebook and Twitter