Location: Havana, Cuba
Event: U.S. Embassy Havana is closely following reports of an explosion at the Saratoga Hotel in Old Havana on May 6, 2022. Initial reports indicate that it is linked to an accidental gas leak. We will continue to provide information to U.S. citizens in the area through Alerts, our Embassy website, and travel.state.gov, as necessary.
Actions to Take:
- Avoid the affected area.
- Follow the directions of local authorities.
- Contact local authorities if you are in the affected area and need emergency assistance.
- Monitor local media for updates.
- Contact loved ones directly to notify them of your welfare.
- Update your status on social media.
- U.S. Embassy Havana, Cuba
+(53) (7) 839-4100
+(53) (7) 839-4100 and dial 1, then 0 (after hours)
Follow us on Facebook and Twitter
- State Department – Consular Affairs
888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444
- Cuba Country Information
- Enroll in Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security updates
- Follow us on Facebook and Twitter