Event: Suspension of routine U.S. citizen services due to local COVID-19-related preventative measures and limited staffing.
The Consular Section of the U.S. Embassy Havana is suspending routine U.S. citizen services effective March 16, 2020. Applicants with appointments already scheduled will receive email correspondence when routine services resume.
As a result, the Consular Section of U.S. Embassy Havana will offer only emergency U.S. citizen services and nonimmigrant visa services.
For information on how to combat the spread of COVID-19, please follow the U.S. Embassy’s social media properties below.
Actions to Take:
- Consult the CDC websitefor the most up-to-date information.
- For the most recent information on what you can do to reduce your risk of contracting COVID-19 please see the CDC’s latest recommendations.
- Visit the COVID-19 crisis page on travel.state.govfor the latest information.
- Check with your airlines or cruise lines regarding any updated information about your travel plans and/or restrictions. Review the U.S. Department of State’s information for Cruise Ship Passengers.
- Visit our Embassy webpage on COVID-19for information on conditions in Cuba.
- Visit the Department of Homeland Security’s websiteon the latest travel restrictions to the United States.
- U.S. Embassy Havana, Cuba
55 Calzada, La Habana, Cuba
+(53) (7) 839-4100
+(53) (7) 839-4100 and dial 1, then 0 (after hours)
- State Department – Consular Affairs
888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444
- Cuba Country Information
- Enroll in Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security updates
- Follow us on Facebook and Twitter