Health Alert – U.S. Embassy, Havana, Cuba, March 24, 2020
Event: The U.S. Embassy in Cuba is actively assisting American citizens and urges all U.S. citizens to work with airlines immediately to make travel arrangements while flights are still available. Beginning March 24, all tourists in Cuba will be quarantined inside hotels or home-stay locations, until they have secured travel outside of Cuba, according to local government measures.
We urge all American citizens to contact the U.S. Embassy, as needed.
Booking and local contact information can be found at the following sites:
If you are unable to book a flight through these airlines directly, please contact the embassy’s American Citizen Services Unit using one of the options shown below.
We encourage all U.S. citizens in Cuba to register with the U.S. State Department using the following link: Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP), and to monitor the Embassy website, and Twitter feed for up-to-date information.
Actions to Take:
- Maintain communication with the U.S. Embassy in Cuba.
- Be prepared for new travel restrictions to take effect with little or no advance notice.
- Check with your airline operator regarding updated information about your travel plans and/or restrictions
- Monitor local media for updates.
- Consult the CDC website for the most up-to-date information on COVID-19.
- Visit the Department of State COVID-19 information page for the latest information.
- Visit our U.S. Embassy webpage on COVID-19 for information about conditions in Cuba.
55 Calzada, La Habana, Cuba
+(53) (7) 839-4100 and dial 1, then 0 (after hours)
State Department – Consular Affairs
888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444
Cuba Country Information
Enroll in Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security updates.
Follow us on Facebook and Twitter