Event: The U.S. Embassy is working with U.S. airlines in efforts to arrange a humanitarian repatriation flight for U.S. Citizens. We have contacted hundreds of U.S. citizens and eligible Lawful Permanent Residents in Cuba to confirm reservations for an upcoming flight. We continue to do so. Due to spacing restrictions, we are not able to accommodate all of the requests that we have received. Those that cannot be provided seats on the flights must continue to plan to remain in Cuba until the airport re-opens and airlines can return.
IF YOU HAVE BEEN SELECTED FOR A FLIGHT, you will receive detailed instructions on how to complete your reservation. Please pay close attention to these details.
If you submitted your data to us previously, DO NOT resubmit it. We still have your information and will contact you should space become available.
Please DO NOT contact the U.S. Embassy about your flight status.
If you are a U.S. citizen who has not contacted the Embassy previously and are interested in returning to the United States, you should do the following:
- You must fill out this form (CLICK HERE) Please do not call the U.S. Embassy to place your name on the list for a future charter flight. Submitting the form DOES NOT guarantee a seat on any flight should more become available. The U.S. Embassy will contact you if a flight becomes available.
- Continue to follow up with airlines about the availability of commercial flights, which could re-start operations before additional travel arrangements such as charter flights are available.
Due to COVID-19 concerns, the U.S. Embassy is currently only conducting emergency operations. Therefore, all issues regarding routine services and visas will not be responded to at this time. For emergency American Citizens Services, please visit our website for additional information https://cu.usembassy.gov/u-s-citizen-services/
We encourage all U.S. citizens in Cuba to register with the U.S. State Department using the following link: Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP), and to monitor the Embassy website and Twitter feed for up-to-date information.
Actions to Take:
- Maintain communication with the U.S. Embassy in Cuba.
- Monitor local media for updates.
- Consult the CDC website for the most up-to-date information on COVID-19.
- Visit the Department of State COVID-19 information page for the latest information.
- Visit our U.S. Embassy webpage on COVID-19 for information about conditions in Cuba.
- U.S. Embassy Havana, Cuba
55 Calzada, La Habana, Cuba
+(53) (7) 839-4100
+(53) (7) 839-4100 and dial 1, then 0 (after hours)
- State Department – Consular Affairs
888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444
- Cuba Country Information
- Enroll in Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security updates.
- Follow us on Facebook and Twitter.