Event: On March 20, the Government of Cuba announced the closure of its borders to non-Cuban residents. Beginning March 24, the Cuban government will introduce strict entry controls at all airports and seaports. The new controls will allow entry into Cuba only of Cuban citizens and foreign residents of Cuba. All non-Cuban citizens should depart the country before March 24. U.S. citizens who are returning to the United States are urged to work with their airlines to make travel arrangements while flights are still available.
Actions to Take:
- Be prepared for new travel restrictions to be put into effect with little or no advance notice.
- Monitor local media for updates.
- Check with your airline operator regarding updated information about your travel plans and/or restrictions.
- Consult the CDC website for the most up-to-date information on COVID-19.
- Visit the Department of State COVID-19 information page for the latest information.
- webpage on COVID-19 for information about conditions in Cuba.
- U.S. Embassy Havana, Cuba
55 Calzada, La Habana, Cuba
+(53) (7) 839-4100
+(53) (7) 839-4100 and dial 1, then 0 (after hours)
- State Department – Consular Affairs
888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444
- Cuba Country Information
- Enroll in Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security updates
- Follow us on Facebook and Twitter