With over 650 Spaces in 150 countries worldwide, American Spaces provide welcoming environments where visitors can connect and learn about the United States through programs and lectures, as well as through books, movies, and magazines.
Hosted in embassies, schools, libraries, and other partner institutions worldwide, American Spaces are platforms for providing information and engagement through activities, such as:
- Educational advising for those who want to study in the U.S.,
- Workshops on a range of topics from career skills to English language learning,
- Classes and clubs introducing new technologies, 21st century digital skills, and academic resources,
- Films, discussions, and lectures on entrepreneurship, leadership, current events, international affairs, and much more.
The American Center at U.S. Embassy Havana provides a range of services, including:
- Providing information about the United States and Cuba
- Providing free Internet access for purposeful Internet use
- Providing information about studying in the United States through EducationUSA
- Serving as a test center for the TOEFL and GRE
- Supporting teachers and students of English
- Hosting a range of workshops and events
Calzada e/ L y M, Vedado