The American Center at U.S. Embassy Havana provides a range of services, including:
- Providing information about the United States and Cuba
- Providing free Internet access for purposeful Internet use
- Providing information about studying in the United States through EducationUSA
- Serving as a test center for the TOEFL and GRE
- Supporting teachers and students of English
- Hosting a range of workshops and events
Services and Resources
Circulating collection: Our circulating collection comprises printed and digital resources about the United States, Cuba, social policies, economy, management, elections, and English teaching and learning. We also have a selection of U.S. literature, fiction and biographies.
Free internet access for purposeful internet use: Internet access is available in the American Center by appointment. To make an appointment, please call the IRC on 7839-4266.
Virtual Library eLibraryUSA: This website provides members of Information Resource Centers (IRCs), American Corners (ACs), and Binational Centers (BNCs) with access to a broad range of online resources and over 20 authoritative databases. The collection includes resources about English language learning, study in and travel to the United States, U.S. historical and cultural information, civil society, business and entrepreneurship, and science and technology. Most of the resources are in English. Only members can have access to eLibraryUSA using a generic account from computers available in the IRC public access centers.